Pay Range: $20 - $27/hr. (DOE) + Benefits
The Permit Coordinator is responsible for assembling all documents required for permitting, submitting and obtaining all building permits for the designing of solar panels system. It is the responsibility of the Permit Coordinator to keep the installation ready flow consistent.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
- Review permit list and see what permits are ready to be issued, submitted
- Call cities and counties for application process, costs, status update, & to confirm jurisdiction.
- Fill out permit applications/ print them out if needed.
- Print plans per AHJ and SOW requirements, request checks from accounting.
- Put routes together for the permit runners: Submitting / picking up plans, collect HOA signatures when needed/available.
- Provide permit run list for the day for Management in the AM. Send permit update email to FS Ops.
- Submit plans online.
- Upload approved plans and job cards, notify install department in Podio
- Upload corrections and notify the design team in Podio
- Supervise permit technicians, check to see how permit runners are progressing throughout the day, act as support and help problem solve any issues. Make sure they complete their vehicle checklist every Thursday morning and address any vehicle needs.
- Prepare and update reports for Weekly Meeting.
- Previous office or clerical experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated as well as thrive in a team environment
- Ability to manage workflow while multitasking
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Basic computer skills
- Attend weekly webinars or departmental calls
- Ability to communicate with different departments efficiently with no less than a 24-hour turnaround time
- Must submit all designs finished by the design team with in a 24-hour turnaround time
- Maintain expense reports for daily transactions and submit weekly for checks and monthly for all credit card transactions.
- Must have a clean driving record, valid state driver’s license
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work in on projects that require deadlines
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Frequently Drive
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
Freedom Forever is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
Employees of Freedom Forever must submit to a criminal history check, MVR check.
Must be in office, Livermore.