Solar Inspection technician
If you’re passionate about renewable energy and making a positive impact on the environment, and you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced industry -Look no further! We're Freedom Forever, a solar company known for quality, innovation, and a company culture where commitment to safety and productivity is appreciated and rewarded! We're seeking a talented Solar Inspection Technician to join our team.
As a Solar Inspection Technician at Freedom Forever, you will play a vital role in ensuring the quality and efficiency of our solar installations.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting thorough inspections of residential solar systems.
- Identifying any issues or areas for improvement.
- Providing accurate reports to our installation team.
- Collaborate with our customer service representatives to address any concerns or questions from our customers.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development programs to enhance your skills and expertise in the solar industry.
- Prior experience in the solar industry is highly preferred, but we also encourage individuals with transferable skills or a strong interest in renewable energy to apply.
- Familiarity with solar installation practices and equipment.
- Familiarity with electrical plans and field layouts.
- Able to work safely at heights, on ladders, and in confined areas.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to accurately assess and document system performance.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with customers and colleagues.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to safety protocols and adherence to industry regulations.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls
- Stand, walk, or run for long periods of time
- Climb ladders, scaffolds, or poles
- Repeatedly kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, stretch, twist, crawl, or reach out
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Determine the distance between objects
- While looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods of time
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet
- Understand the speech of another person
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects
- Lift 50+ pounds
Freedom Forever is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
Employees of Freedom Forever must submit to a criminal history check, MVR check and a 9-panel drug screen that includes the following: Amphetamines, Cocaine Metabolites, Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Methadone, Methaqualone, Propoxyphene.