Join an established and innovative company in the fast-growing solar industry and enjoy strong pay rate + install bonuses + benefits + advancement opportunities!
The Roof Lead will work under the Crew lead and will provide leadership and technical expertise to the installation teams.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
- Communicate the necessary job status data to the Crew Lead to assure the successful completion of solar arrays/systems installations
- Lead efforts for safe working practices for the Freedom Forever installation team
- Primary focus will be on re-roof jobs; work on solar PV Installation jobs when needed
- Pulling inventory for each roof work for installation jobs
- Document completion of completed installation
- Ensure job sites are left clean
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety tailgate meetings
- May perform required travel for extended periods at a time
- Provide and maintain a current driver's license and a clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle
- Assemble all components of a residential solar system
- Handle trenching and concrete work
- Structurally mount racking and electrical equipment and effectively seal penetrations
- Maintain a clean work site and safe working environment
- Properly use Personal Protective Equipment
- Attend mandatory training sessions and tailgate meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have a minimum of 1+ year experience, including at least 6 months of leading a crew.
- Must have electrical and roof racking experience
- Good motivation with an attention to productivity, detail and safety.
- Able to work safety with heights on ladders and in confined areas
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, rain, crawl spaces, etc.)
- Well skilled with power and hand tools as well as showing others how to safely use them.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and have a clean driving record
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk or run for long periods of time
- Climb ladders, scaffolds, or poles
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Determine the distance between objects
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
- Understand the speech of another person
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet
- While looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side
- lift 50+ pounds
Freedom Forever is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
Employees of Freedom Forever must submit to a criminal history check, MVR check and a 9-panel drug screen that includes the following: Amphetamines, Cocaine Metabolites, Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Methadone, Methaqualone, Propoxyphene.