This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Marion, OH, United States
Join an established and innovative company in the fast-growing solar industry and enjoy strong pay rate + benefits + advancement opportunities!
Do you have proven skills and experience completing solar installations and motivating other people to do their best work? If this sounds like you, and you want an opportunity where your commitment to quality and productivity will be rewarded, please keep reading! We’re Freedom Forever, a fast-growing solar company known for innovation and quality, and we’re looking for people who want an opportunity to build a career with us as a Inspection Technician!
The Inspections Technician will be responsible for inspecting installations and meeting with inspectors to ensure installations are to code.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review pictures and gather all necessary parts to complete inspection on site
· Sit on inspections that have zero to little cleanup work needed
· Verifying labeling and placards are up to code for inspection
· Call AHJ to confirm inspection time frame in the AM
· Set up and tie off ladders for the city/county inspectors
· Rivet placards
· Open electrical panels & junction boxes so the inspector can observe inside
· Maintaining the safety of themselves and others by adhering to all written and verbal instructions, promptly reporting and/or correcting all hazards or unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to Branch Manager on all safety issues
· Take notes for corrections and notify Branch Manager of any issues or updates
· Preferred 1+ years of experience from relatable field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Minimum licensing requirement to legally perform the job descriptions in each market
· Familiarity with electrical plans and field layouts
· Strong interpersonal and human relations
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Good motivation with attention to productivity, detail and safety
· Able to work safely with heights on ladders and in confined areas
· Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
· Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
· Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
· Must have a valid state driver's license
· Must have a clean driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
· Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
· Stand for long periods of time
· Walk or run for long periods of time
· Climb ladders, scaffolds, or poles
· Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl
· Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out
· Repeat the same movements
· See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
· Determine the distance between objects
· Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
· Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls
· Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm
· Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
· Understand the speech of another person
· Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects
· See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
· Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place
· Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired
· Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position
· React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet
· While looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side
· Lift up to 50+ pounds
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (Employee is required to travel for business purposes, not including commute to and from work.) If required to travel, must have a valid Driver's License/Insurance and the ability to drive a personal vehicle to different sites.
Freedom Forever is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
Employees of Freedom Forever must submit to a criminal history check, MVR check and a 9-panel drug screen that includes the following: Amphetamines, Cocaine Metabolites, Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Methadone, Methaqualone, Propoxyphene.