Competitive Pay + Benefits
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for supervising activities in the Warehouse and all facets including ordering, receiving, processing, recording and distributing supplies and materials; preparing and maintaining detailed records and files. The Warehouse Manager will oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of installation and service materials. They will ensure workplace safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock. The Warehouse Manager will plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organize special requirements for certain stocks. They will maintain computerized administration and automated storage and retrieval systems. They will work with Headquarters to properly administer safety procedures and equipment inventory. They will also work with Accounting to properly account for job costs and equipment procurement.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing and shipping products or materials
- Implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated
- Confer with department Branch Manager to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, records control, or purchasing
- Review invoices, work orders or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements
- Evaluates warehouse materials (e.g. qualified product list, warehouse supplies, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining quality
- Schedule or monitor pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials
- Conducts and participates in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. purchase orders, goods receipts, electronic delivery logs, supplies needed by department, claim forms, inventory, warehouse reports, bid list, material evaluation documents, goods receipts, goods issue, fixed asset, purchases, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Operates warehouse equipment (e.g. hand trucks, pallet jacks, delivery truck with equipment trailer, etc.) for the purpose of moving large and heavy items safely and efficiently.
- Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Researches discrepancies on orders and/or invoices (e.g. overages, shortages, duplicate deliveries, etc.) for the purpose of correcting errors and/or returning damaged/incorrect items to vendors.
- Responds to inquiries of staff and vendors for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the invoices, billing, status of deliveries, etc.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Must complete a criminal background investigation
- 1+ years of Solar experience required
- Must have 3-5 years of Warehouse Management experience
- Previous experience working with Inventory analysis
- Must have strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to count accurately and be detailed oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must work well unsupervised and be self-motivated
- Strong good computer skills
- Previous experience operating a forklift
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work safely in an office/warehouse environment
- Frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; hear
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat
Freedom Forever is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
Must be in office (Charleston)