The Electrician is responsible for providing the technical expertise to safely plan and perform main panel upgrades for residential solar projects. This position will be performing electrical work related to solar installations.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system components to resolve electrical issues
- Ensure that the work is performed in a professional and detailed manner to conform to existing national and local building codes
- Ensure work performed is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes
- Work with the branch team and homeowners to fulfill any necessary system repairs to support main panel upgrades and electrical tie-ins.
- Interface with branch leadership to ensure compliance with electrician / labor ratios and continuing education requirements
- Follow OSHA, NEC, AHJ and Utility requirements
- Complete residential main panel upgrades (MPU)
- Work with crew and complete the electrical tie-in portion of the Photovoltaic systems installs (PV)
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electrical component and system issues.
- Follow all safe work practices.
- Provide top notch customer service throughout the installation
- Upload photos and update job status in the company database when work is complete
- Strong knowledge and experience of conduit bending (EMT) ability to produce quality day after day.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Document work by taking pictures and completing work orders
- Licensed electrician for state of Wisconsin.
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business.
- Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check.
- Minimum 3 years of electrical installation and repair experience
- Working knowledge of current NEC codes
- Must have working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
- Ability to effectively manage work to achieve required timelines
- Must be experienced with all required hand and power tools associated with the electrical trade
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret single line drawings
- Ability to work safely in a branch/warehouse
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Stand for long periods of time
- Climb ladders, scaffolds, or poles
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Determine the distance between objects
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
- Understand the speech of another person
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet
- While looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side
- Lift 50+ pounds
Freedom Forever is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
Employees of Freedom Forever must submit to a criminal history check, MVR check and a 9-panel drug screen that includes the following: Amphetamines, Cocaine Metabolites, Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Methadone, Methaqualone, Propoxyphene.
Job based in Ohio not seeking remote employees.